RE: 69 MGC GT Alternator

To: "'Jon Asdourian'" <kriegerii@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: 69 MGC GT Alternator
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:27:37 -0700
Jon:

The new alternator should be putting out over 13 volts.  If it is not, the
unit may be bad.

One point to note, before installing a new alternator always check the
battery connections, ensure the batteries are in good condition and that
they are fully charged.  If any of the above are not done the initial spike
as the alternator sees full load, or an undamped circuit can fry the voltage
regulator of the new unit and you are back where you started.

Lucas is now including a warning to this effect with their new alternators.

Kelvin.