MGB 3-main Crank Source?

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB 3-main Crank Source?
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:14:55 -0400
>Does anyone out there know of a source for remanufactured MGB 3-main
>crankshafts? Seems there are a lot of scratches on the journals
.which may be too deep to remove. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
-

there is a process for rebuilding the journals, whereby molten steel is
fired at the journal (much like shot-blasting). The metal is built up to
the appropriate thickness and then machined to original dimensions.
if you need a 3-main crank, shoot me a note off-line, I may know
where there is one.
Gerry