Running car

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running car
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 00:28:11 -0400
I seem to do a lot of crossposting lately but I think there are enough
people on both lists that would like to hear this that I'll do it one more
time.  Please forgive the faux pas.

I got the car running again.  I fired it up yesterday without my new
mufflers to remind myself how loud it was, it is very loud.  New ceramic
coated headers are installed and look beautiful, I was able to run my
excessively long "fitted" set of spark plug wires under the headers to the
plugs so that cleans up the engine bay a lot and gets them farther from the
headers since the pipes turn up and out the top of the wheel wells.  I also
installed my new 45" thrush 2.5" ID glasspacks into my rockers and fired it
up again today.  It isn't quiet but it is HUGELY improved, I definitely
think that it is in the realm of comfortable now.  I'll never accomplish
quiet since the pipes exit out the rear doglegs, but I can definitely live
with how it is now.

I got my seats lowered by two inches so they are now at the height of a good
stock seat and corrected my mismeasurement of installed height the first
time around, this should solve my rear visibility problem.  I've got a few
wiring changes to make, the biggest one being to wire in an indicator light
to the coolant level sensor in my 325is filler bottle.  All that remains now
is to bleed the hydraulics and retune for altitude and a new engine then I
will be back on the road.

It's been quite a project all started by a detonated engine, but I spent
most of the time redoing the things that I wasn't pleased with from the
first incarnation.  Call it V8 version 1.5, expected release date is
6/22/03.

Have a great week everyone, hopefully I'm not the only one to make good
progress this week.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8