Re: Axle Breather - 1980 MGB

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Breather - 1980 MGB
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:30:21 -0700
The tube treads into the axle. The cap snaps on and off. The breather holes
are in the sides of the tube, and the cap acts like an umbrella to keep dirt
out of the holes.

My guess would be that this design is unlikely to become plugged under
normal circumstances. But it should be simple enough to unscrew it and
inspect it (if it doesn't decide to break itself off instead... BTDT).

on 6/11/03 12:24 PM, Betti Ann & Preston Smith at prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149