Re: Importing an MGB-GT V8

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Importing an MGB-GT V8
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:08:34 -0500
> I understand that for vehicles 25 years or older, the US regulations no
longer apply.  Is this correct?  In other words, should I expect to be able
to import this car without problem?

This is basically correct.  There is still paperwork that has to be filled
out, but at 25 years, you'll get an exemption from both EPA and NHTSA.  (One
of them uses 21 years, the other 25.)  You'll have to work with Customs as
well.  Do some digging in the archives for a previous post of mine which has
URLs for some the import information from the various agencies, which also
includes a directory of companies that can handle all the paperwork for you.