Re: lower radiator hose clamp positions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lower radiator hose clamp positions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:16:48 -0700
on 6/14/03 10:05 PM, WESLEY SMITH at wes-smith@msn.com wrote:

> What is the correct position for the lower radiator hose clamps to face so
> that they can most easily be removed and put on with screw driver.  Also how
> far on is the lower hose supposed to be should it butt up against the
> radiator?

This is one of those unsolvable metaphysical questions, like how many angels
can dance on the head of a pin. It depends on whether you're using a long
screwdriver, or a stubby, or a nutdriver with an extension, which fan you're
running, whether you attack it from above or below, and who knows what else.
It seems every time I change the hose I come up with a different solution,
so there are more than one that are workable -- finding the one optimal
solution could be a challenge.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149