RE: optimal oil cooler position

To: "'Bob D.'" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: optimal oil cooler position
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:08:49 -0700
Bob:

The engine does not change.  The non-oil cooler equipped cars had a rigid
line attached to the oil filter housing by a banjo bolt.

The later cars had a short rubber hose in place of the rigid line, and these
hoses had a tendency to fail.

The early oil cooler hoses are pretty long lived, and I don't think that
reliability is a factor, though YMMV.

If you are really interested in pursuing the rigid line concept, I can
supply you with all the bits.  The rigid line was standard in the (Morris)
Austin Marina B series installation.

Kelvin.