1970 MGB carpet snaps

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 MGB carpet snaps
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 23:35:33 -0400
Well, I hate to admit this, but I've had my B for almost 20 years now and
had never messed with the carpets.  No they weren't in real good shape, but
I lost interest in the beast for a string of years and it sat idle in the
garage.  I think that I knew from a long way back that I had some rust holes
in my drivers side floor boards.  I'm fixin her up now so I'm getting around
to doing something about the holy floor board.  I took out the carpet on the
drivers side and in cleaning up for my patching, I noticed that there were
some snaps on the floor that looked like they were for keeping carpet in
place.  There were two just in front of the seat rails and at least one way
down in the end of the foot well.

My question is one of curiosity.  Did the B orginally come with carpets that
snapped in or is this a remnant of the PO's work?  None of the carpets that
I've seen advertised in Moss or elsewhere mention any sort of snaps to hold
them in place.

John Graham - Charlotte NC 70MGB - the green one.