Re: targanewfoundland. Potential LBC content

To: rowman22001@yahoo.com, aschneider@shaw.ca, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: targanewfoundland. Potential LBC content
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:59:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/03 12:06:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rowman22001@yahoo.com writes:

> Apparently, the event is proving very successful and
> very popular, and I hope to enter in 2004 with my MGB.
> There was at least one MGB entered in the 2002 event,
> although I don't know who's it was.  A white RBB, if I
> remember correctly.
>
> You can find out tons of info about the event at their
> website - www.targanewfoundland.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the speed event, an entry fee of $4500 (Can.) is a bit much.  It does
include breakfast and lunch, though.  Read the specs before you send in your
money.  You must have a rollover bar with proper front/rear/diagonal braces and
racing harness.  They require you to wear an SA class helmet (which protects
your head against fire), but they don't require a flame suit!

Now, the TSD rally is ONLY $3500 to enter.

I would recommend that you check your local SCCA region before you spend that
kind of money.  My regional TSD rallies are $20, and SCCA National Rallies
are less than $300 to enter.  And SCCA is a bit more anal about safety.

Just my (informed) 2 pence.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)