Re: Insurance habits

To: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: Insurance habits
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:08:41 -0400
Since my MG is insured for it's "sale value" (probably not replacement cost
- that would be higher, but still higher than regular book value), I had to
get an appraisal and submit it to my insurance company, along with some
photos.  I'm in the States.

So, that's not out of line if you're asking for something more than the
book value.  As far as updates every three years, I don't think that's an
unreasonable request.

Otherwise you could just claim it was worth 10 million krone (or whatever)
and who are they to say otherwise?  So, some official appraisal value is a
reasonable request if you're not going for book.

- Tab