Re: 1974 MGB-GT

To: "F. Clayton (Buddy)" <buddyglas@snet.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1974 MGB-GT
From: Hans Duinhoven <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:16:30 +0200
There is a current drain.

Testing:

1 Really good to have a matching wiring diagram for reference. The Haynes
manual has useble ones, there are other sources as well.
2 Make a lamp in series with the battery.
3 Before reconnecting take out main fuses, now connect the circuit with the
lamp in series
4 Replace each fues - one by one
5 When the lamp goes on when a certain fuse is replaced, this is the failing
circuit
6 Now dig into the diagram and try to find the troublesome circuit part
7 If the methode of the fuses does not work, it obviousely is in an unfused
part of the wiring, this is more dangerous, as the problem can cause fire at
the worst
8 Use the wiring diagram color by color to find the problem.
Most voltages are sourced from the starter motor on (Brown)

Carefull - safety first and fix the electrics, before seriuos smoke or worse
is due.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT