Gauge dampening

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauge dampening
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:58:47 -0400
List, I have a question regarding the fuel gauge in my V8, I am using a VDO
gauge that wants dampening at the sender, and a stock MGB sender flipped
upside down and rebent that wants dampening at the gauge.  In this situation
my gauge moves with the sloshing in the tank.  Although it isn't too bad
because I baffled the tank I would like to dampen the gauge so that it isn't
so reactive to cornering forces etc.

If I were to put a 5mf capacitor across the terminals of the sender would
that solve my problem?  Obviously the size of the cap would depend on how
much dampening I want but it's the location that I am not sure of.

James Nazarian
71 MGB Tourer
71 MGBGT V8
85 Dodge Ram