Re: New Gas Tank In -- Huh?!?

To: <MGTD1952@cs.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Gas Tank In -- Huh?!?
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:35:41 +0100
As it's a GT it *should* have the later slow-acting thermal gauge system, it
changed in 64.  Take the wires off the sender, if the gauge drops the sender
is bad, look for shorts in it.  With the float in its lowest position it
should be giving the maximum resistance of about 300 ohms, dropping to about
35 ohms with the float fully raised.  The gauge is easily calibrated for E
and F using the two slotted plates on the back, make sure you use a
good-fitting tool or you will turn the slots into holes.