Re: Yet Another Overdrive Question WAS:Overdrive care

To: "Plant, Keith Contractor \(NSAGAETA N6\)"
Subject: Re: Yet Another Overdrive Question WAS:Overdrive care
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:27:06 +0100
If you have OD engaging in 1st and 2nd then the gearbox override switch is
faulty or has been bypassed and you run the risk of wrecking the one-way
clutch if you reverse with OD engaged - if it hasn't already.  If it engages
on its own with the manual switch off then again it looks like an electrical
problem, but with both problems I would suspect some extremely dodgy PO
wiring.  Failure to disengage can be caused by the solenoid physically
sticking, but get the electrical bits sorted first.