Midget rollbar

To: The MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Midget rollbar
From: "Brinkman, Gerardo V" <GB127167@teradata-ncr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:29:15 -0400
>>Subject: Midget rollbar
>>Does anyone have good source for a roll bar for a 76 Midget?  As I get
older
>>I feel more of need to protect my head.

My personal opinion, is that roll-over bars and cages should designed
and built to suit each individual person/car combination. I do not believe
that an 'off-the-shelf' roll-bar suits everyone. Case in point, my Midget
had an 'off-the-shelf' roll-over bar and I was rear-ended by a Minivan
(< 5mph). my head went backwards and struck the top of the roll-bar. I
was knocked out by the very item that was supposed to portect me. i ditched
that roll-bar and had a custom roll-bar fitted which was 2 inches higher and

slightly further away from my shoulders.

Guess what ? the custom roll-bar was actually cheaper than the off-the-shelf
item. So my advice, is got to a place which fabricates race-cars and ask
them
for a roll-bar which fits YOU. I think you may be surpised by the price

gerry