Re: MGB tire size help

To: "wisem@db.erau.edu" <wisem@db.erau.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB tire size help
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:20:44 -0700 (PDT)
Mark, you can run the 185's without any problems. The 195's may cause some
rubbing.... I have had both the Bridgestone Potenzas and Dunlops on my '95
VW (the Potenza's were the model that the RE950 replaced) and MUCH
prefered the Bridgestones. I have the Dunlops now, same model as you
noted, and find them to be less crisp in handling and much worse wearing
than the Bridgestones. I really dislike them.

--- "wisem@db.erau.edu" <wisem@db.erau.edu> wrote:
> Hi...
>
> I am looking to replace the tires on my 1980 'B.  However, I don't know
> which brand / size to get.  Any advice?
>
> I have narrowed the selection to two, all-season performance tires
> (Dunlop
> SP Sport A2 & Bridgestone Potenza RE950).  They both offer 14" 'models'.
> really don't know which sizes would fit / be best.
>
> Dunlop SP Sport A2:
>   - 175/65HR14
>   - 185/60HR14
>   - 185/65HR14