Re: Redline products

To: libhart@cox.net
Subject: Re: Redline products
From: SHolli1018@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:20:17 EDT
Martin,
       I have been running it in my MGA gearbox for about four years now.  It
was recommended highly by Dave Smith, who races an MGA.  He swears by it and
says there are usually no brass filings from the synchros in the oil when it
gets changed.  I got the impression that it is specifically designed for cars
with  brass synchro rings.  At any rate, no negative feelings about it at this
point.  Regular non-detergent oil is a lot cheaper,   but rebuilding
transmissions is a lot more expensive.  The brass synchro rings are somewhat
notorious
for wearing rapidly in the MGA trans.

Steve Holliday
58 MGA