RE: Crank and bearing advice

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Crank and bearing advice
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 17:13:31 -0600
Larry, I didn't see your question.  I feel your machinist set up your
bearings to tight.  I haven't looked anything up, but my recollection is
the recommended clearance is 0.0018 to 0.003.  I think 0.002 to 0.0025
would be more in line.  My present engine will be 0.0025 all the way
across.

My personal preference on bearings is Clevite 77.  They are Tri-metal
bearings, similar to those that were made by Vandervel (who I believe is
no longer in business).

So what is your question?

Larry Hoy