HS4 Carb problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: HS4 Carb problem
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 21:50:36 -0400
Help !

In getting my B back on the road I needed to do some carburetor work.  I
have a 1970 MGB with SU HS4 carbs.  I needed to remove the beasts from the
manifold and free up the jets from their seats.  In doing so, I needed to
disconnect the 'pipes' from the fuel bowls.  When I attempted to reconnect
the pipes, I find that I have BIG time leaks.

I have the AUD405 version carbs and there was a small cone shaped 'rubber'
gasket which was supposed to compress on the line to the jet.  This is the
connection that is leaking.  The Moss catalog doesn't give any options for
renewing that tiny gasket/seal, short of replacing the entire jet assembly.

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks,

John Graham