Re: Need Smiths speedometer SN6104/15 - addendum

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Smiths speedometer SN6104/15 - addendum
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 09:23:09 -0700
This is blatantly taking advantage of the list to do some
advertising!!!   As a result of my own needs I developed an O-ring kit to
refurbish Smith and Jaeger gauges.  Both are made by Smith and their
dimensions are the same.  The only difference being that Jaeger is meant to
be a higher quality.  Thus a Jaeger has to have three O-rings instead of
two.  The extra one being internal between the dial and glass.  The Smith
ones have an O-ring between dash and gauge, and one inside between glass
and bezel.

At 05:48 PM 7/4/2003 -0500, David F. Darby wrote:
>I should probably try to look this up, but didn't Smiths actually
>manufacture the Jaeger Gauges?
>
>David
>
>nt.

Regards