odd sound, right front

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: odd sound, right front
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 67 with wires. I have noticed the onset of a creaking noise that comes
per revolution of the wheel. I put the car on a ramp yesterday and put in what
appeared to be some needed grease. I did have the wheel loaded and reading more
since then I guess I should have had the wheel unloaded, I do not know if that
makes much of a difference. Looking for ideas here. I have new (1 year)
bushings, good shocks, the king pins where redone within 10k miles. I just
changed over this to heavier 15 inch wires, running new Dunlop SP20's 165/15
mounted on a used but very good specialty shop balanced wheel.
Carl French