wire wheels painted

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: wire wheels painted
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:52:06 -0500
I had the wheels sandblasted then I tuned and trued them, and primed them
with self-etching primer. I then applied three coats of silver Rustoleum and
two coats of Krylon clear lacquer. They look real nice. We'll see how they
last. Total cost about $160 for five wheels; I installed about 10 new spokes
and nipples beforehand. I also hope that I can get them balanced as well as
they were beforehand-no shimmying!
Thanks for all the advice. You can view them at Abingdon, IL on the 18th of
August :-).
Monte
          79B, Carmine, newly painted
          67B, BRG, newly painted wheels
          74 1/2 Rust, parts car, with newly removed and disassembled brake
calipers; soon to have more holes in the body while
practicing  installing chrome strip rivets