Re: MGB Tire Size

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Tire Size
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:19:23 -0700
That would still be "low profile" on a 63 <g>. He wants 165R-14 -- that's
165/80, basically. I recently found Vredesteins in 175R-14 -- I don't know
if I could have got 165s if I had wanted them, but it's a possibility.

I liked the extra ground clearance and beefier tread of the 175s, and the
classic tall profile compared to a 175/70. In that regard I am in agreement
with Jeff -- a Mk. I B with wires shouldn't have low profile tires -- it
just looks wrong.

You guys with Rostyles and Panasports, though, can go to town... <g>

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149