bleeding rebuilt calipers

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: bleeding rebuilt calipers
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:57:31 -0500
I have the calipers rebuilt and installed on the 67B. Having only bled
brakes once, I of course have a question for "the experienced ones".
What is the purpose of the plug in the top of the caliper? Do I fill the
calipers here before  I start bleeding? I know there will be lots of air in
the system now (I had the calipers off the car and used air pressure to
remove the pistons); is there a certain method for bleeding other than the
normal way? I have a MityVac bleeder.
The car has been on blocks for two weeks now while refinishing the wire
wheels and waiting for brake caliper parts. On the road tomorrow????
Thanks,
Monte