Re: Clik-Adjust experience - OT

To: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clik-Adjust experience - OT
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:48:19 US/Mountain
Well, it's only sort of off topic.  If 7 clicks are .015....that's
ABOUT .002 per click.  Is this usable in a confined space??  I have a
porsche, and spend 6 hours every 6000 miles adjusting valves.  They are at
a clearance of 0.004, so it really has to be done, and almost 1/2 that
time is getting to the adjusters.

> I just received the Gunson's Clik-Adjust that I ordered recently and
tried
> it out last night for the first time.  One of the first things that you
have
> to do is to 'calibrate' the tool (actually experiment with different
feeler
> gauge thicknesses) so you will know how many clicks gives you the .015
> tappet gap.
>
> Just curious here, if al the adjusters on MGBs are the same thread and
so
> forth, wouldn't the same number of clicks to get the proper gap be the
same
> on all of the B engines?  Just for the record, the number of clicks that
> came up with was 7.  There seemed to be about the right amount of play
in
> the tappets after that and the engine ran fine (and with no perceptible
> tappet noise).  I suppose that if I set them too tight, they would be
quiet
> to boot.  Any other experiences with the Clik-Adjust tool out there?
WFIW, I