RE: Clik-Adjust experience - Part II

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Clik-Adjust experience - Part II
From: "John Graham" <theklube@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:10:32 -0400
Well I thank all those who have responded with comments.  Several mentions
were of possible binding that could obscure the accuracy of the tool.  I
think that's a good point.

I forgot to mention (because I didn't know that I would need to) that I
replaced all the nuts on the tappets before starting the adjustment.  I
ordered 8 new ones when I ordered the tool - but not because I knew they
might hamper the tool, but because due to previous adjustment attempts, some
of the corners of the nuts had become 'slightly rounded' and wouldn't hold
an open end wrench if you let go of it.  So as I was removing the old nuts,
I did see that there were some tight spots on several as I unscrewed them.
For what it's worth, the replacements seemed to spin on without any
resistance and I detected no resistance in turning the 'adjusting pin', so
perhaps I dodged that one.

Thanks for all of your comments.  The new nuts were ~55-60 cents apiece.

John Graham
'70 B
Charlotte, NC