Re: AOL problems

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AOL problems
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:40:37 -0600
I'm no fan of AOL. But this looks like a feeble but good intentioned
response to the spam email problem.

I have "real" Internet access but I also now have a spam filter that is set
to its maximum strength. One thing the filter looks for is the "TO:" line
to see if its addressed specifically to the user in question. If it is mass
mailed addressed or to a list name, it may very well get filtered. I think
it uses other criteria because it snags an occassional mg list email. I
notice that the filter particularly has an affinity for "from" aol
addresses that have a combination of letters and numbers. But at least with
my filter, I can control the filter and allow specific emails through. It
is unfortunate that AOL has to do this for you. So let them have it.

I only hope they can control outgoing email as well. AOL is the source of a
lot of my spam.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B