RE: Free carfax reports today....

To: MGs <MGs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Free carfax reports today....
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 18:10:31 -0500
> time it was $5000. This indicates to me that unless there is
> some reason
> for a State DOT or equivalent to be notified of a collision, it won't
> show on the search. Apparently, the insurance companies
> involved either
> don't report these incidents or the Carfax site isn't getting
> the news.

CARFAX primarily works with the state title records.  So if a car is
issued a salvage title or other modified title, you'll see that.  They
get data from some police departments regarding accident reports, but
they apparently don't do anything with insurance companies:

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/hcwhereinfo.cfm