RE: AOL problems - ISP blocking as email as spam

To: <mg_garage@ameritech.net>
Subject: RE: AOL problems - ISP blocking as email as spam
From: "Harold Pulcher" <pulcher@killercomputing.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:36:09 -0500 (CDT)
Gordies Garage said:
> It's really odd, I get very few spam emails on this PC (garage)
> individual email list addresses, but, on the pc in my home office
> upstairs with my main email address @ameritech.net, get 20 - 30 a day.
> Used to be only about 10, but then I spent some time opting out of each
> one each time it popped up for a few days.

Just in case you don't know.  The "opt-out" feature really verifies that
your email address is legit and there is someone on the other end.  Most of
the spam, but no all, work this way.

> I'm very good with the 'delete' key.

That is how I deal with my spam as well.  If I only got 20-30 a day, I
would be happy.

I have heard a ton of people are really happy with http://www.sunbelt-
software.com/product.cfm?id=930.  I have never used as I do most of my
deleting on the server side.  I have no connection to the product other
than have heard about it.

Harold
80B