Re: missing update 2

To: "Carter Tuggle" <goutvols2@mchsi.com>, "mgs list"
Subject: Re: missing update 2
From: jello@ida.net
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:11:37 US/Mountain
Don't assume that just because you are burning coolant your head is
cracked.  It is most commonly a head gasket problem - even if newly done,
the head gasket could be leaking (people make mistakes, and dirt gets in
places when you least expect it).  I thought you said that you had this
head checked and rebuilt - if that's the case, it should have been checked
for cracks, and not have them.  I wouldn't source a new head until I've
found the problem - crack, warp, gasket, or whatever.  Gaskets are cheap,
buying a spare head without knowing it is the problem isn't cheap.

Good luck!
Phil Bates