Car Buying Scam - Help needed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Buying Scam - Help needed
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:57:56 -0400
   A few months ago, someone on the list who was selling an
MG commented that they had been approached by some
off-shore buyer who wanted to buy the car, but needed to go
through some convoluted banking scheme to get the money to
the seller.  Can someone please remind me of the facts?

   Seems that my friend's son  has a car up for sale and an
off-shore "buyer" has approached him with the promiss of
direct money transfer to his bank account.   This reminded
me of the scams that I have been reading about. I am afraid
that my friend's son will end up without a car and withoug
the cash.

TIA,

    Gene Balinski
       80 B