72B reflector light positioning

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 72B reflector light positioning
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 13:03:25 -0600
Well since I did an OT reply on printers, I might as well go "on topic." As
part of my 72 B restoration, I did have a few things redone to the point
that I have no reference point.

In particular, I had patch panels installed on the rear so I no longer know
where the rear side markers mount. Can someone, with an unaltered early 70s
MGB, give me an accurate location, relative maybe to the chrome strip and
the rear tail lights?

Also, on the 72B door - the inner door handles - just what does the 72 use?
I only have one pull handle right now - the plastic black one held by two
clips, from my 71 BGT. The Moss catalog shows a strap for the 72 only. I do
have two sets of a better quality regular door pull that I think were
73-74, one black set and one autumn leaf. I'd use the autumn leaf ones but
the question of how they attach. They look like they use a pointed metal
screw that must punch a hole in the door, rather than use the bolt system.
Thus my reluctance to use them. That plus I'm trying to stay original when
practical but if I don't have to mutilate my doors, I might be inclined to
use those fancy door pull handles to close the door. is the strap the
correct part though? And does anyone have a used set in autumn leaf they
might part with?

I'm also looking for a set of used horns........

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B