RE: Alpine Harrington

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Alpine Harrington
From: Glenn Schnittke <schnittke@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:58:50 -0500
>Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 09:14:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Alpine Harrington
>

>Sorry for the lack of MG content, but does anyone here
>know if the hardtop version of the Sunbeam Alpine -
>the "Harrington" I believe - was ever sold in the
>United States?  If not, are they hard to find
>overseas?  Expensive?
>

>Thanks in advance,

Don't know anything about them other than what I just read and saw, but I
think on top of being sweet looking cars, the first version (with the fins
still intact) stands a little visual comparison with the Henry J.

When I was a kid of about ten, one of my older brother's buddies had a
Henry J that he kept changing the paint job on, it seemed like weekly. It
was one of those cars that got me interested in cars. Did a little
reasearch and my aged memory seems to stand the test of time. The front end
is very different (it looks a little like someting out of an early Twilight
Zone or Outer Limits), but the rear quarter view is strikingly similar.

To wit: http://www.henryjcars.com/glennh/glennh.html

Glenn "Not related, don't know him" Schnittke
Glenn Schnittke
VP - Tennsessee Spokes Sports Car Club
schnittke@mindspring.com
'67 B (my daily driver)
'71 XJ6 Series I (Jeanette's daily driver)
dead '69 B