Re: MGB Brakes - Dual System, Non- Boosted Master Cylinder

To: "Christian, Skip" <ChristianWL@navair.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: MGB Brakes - Dual System, Non- Boosted Master Cylinder
From: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:21:41 -0400
Christian, Skip wrote:

>       I need to "unstick" the brake warning valve (separate valve on my
> year) on my MG.  I'm thinking about removing, disassembling, and cleaning
> the valve.  Should I do this or just stick a screwdriver (or something else)
> in it and try to move the piston (with the front & rear bleeders loose) ???

I'm currently going through a complete brake overhaul, just finished the
front yesterday evening. I'd recommend getting the overhaul kit for the
proportioning valve and overhauling it. After I do the rears, I'll be
overhauling mine. My experence is that if you need to do one cylinder
anywhere in the system, you need to do them all. Otherwise, they all
start to fail one at a time.

--
Stephen West-Fisher
Coastal Data Systems