Re: Gave up trying to remove calipers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gave up trying to remove calipers
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:41:59 -0700
It's the kind of fitting used on the end of "flared" tubing, like brake
lines. These fittings are often brass, so it's important that the wrench fit
particularly well to avoid rounding them. A flare nut wrench looks like a
6-point box-end wrench, except one of the six sides is open, just enough to
fit over the tubing. They are thick in cross section and tight fitting, for
the maximum possible grip on the nut. I highly recommend them for many tasks
involving old hardware, not just brake lines. Look for them at any large
hardware store.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149