MGC and the Press

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGC and the Press
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:40:24 -0500
The trashing the C got was for two reasons. First, the car was released before
it should have been. Secondly, the motoring press was angry with BMC. If it
hadn't been canceled the factory could have sorted things out.

In reality it takes very little to make a C handle properly. The first time I
cornered in my C it thought I would roll over. An uprated roll bar and Spax
all around made things tolerable. Oversteer was corrected by tire pressure. A
few more tweaks would have mate it almost perfect.

The arrogance of the British Motoring industry let to unbelievable poor
quality and frustration of the motoring public. When told that an Austin
Saloon was not ready for release, the head of Austin told the factory to
release them anyway and let the public find the problems for the factory!
Needless to say, Austin sales fell rapidly.

Jack