Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....

To: "David Breneman" <idcb@airborne.com>
Subject: Re: Oh, No! Its the Lucas Legal Team, run.....
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:16:28 -0400
Both are illegal.

However it's a lot easier for them to find out who's SERVING the files than
who's downloading them.  Besides, one person might download, say, 10 files
a day, but one server might outload files to thousands of people a
day.  They're also going on the premise that there are more downloaders
than servers, so go after the fewer (and more manageable) number of servers
and that puts an end to it.

So, yes, both are illegal, but from a practical point of view, it makes
more sense to chase the servers.

- Tab