Re: Midget rear brakes

To: "Brian Carr" <bcarr1180@earthlink.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget rear brakes
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:23:15 +0100
Bearing nut?  Dunno about a Midget but on a B the adjuster assembly bolts to
the backplate with a couple of 5/16" (from memory) bolts.  Replacements are
available if you chew up the existing one too badly.  When fitting the new,
and I do this at every service, I fully screw in (from the back) and remove
(from the front) the adjuster, smear the threads with copper grease, screw
it all the way back into the housing, then smear a little more copper grease
on the exposed threads at the back.  Then when you turn it to adjust the
brakes you end up with a 'collar' of grease on the exposed threads on the
back which helps to stop water ingress.