RE: What did I do wrong

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What did I do wrong
From: "mghirsch" <mghirsch@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 21:57:21 -0500
There seems to be a problem with the adjustment.  Although some listers
disagree, I feel that when first adjusting the rear brakes, there should be
enough drag that it takes a little effort to turn the whee.  B's do not have
self adjusters and the new shoes usually do not have the same arc as the
drum.

It is possible that you did not assemble the brakes properly.  When they are
asembled properly and adjusted properly, the parking brake is adjusted.

First, take the drums off and examine the assemblies.  Make sure they are
assembled properly.  Next, adjust them very snug.  Then rebleed them.

Safety fast

Maynard