Re: Possible Clue - Help, What did I do wrong?

To: bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: Possible Clue - Help, What did I do wrong?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:13:54 -0400
Bob,
  I haven't heard of double-thick linings, but I do remember when, back
in the rivet-yourself days, JC Whitney carried a shim material that could
be used between linings and the shoe to increase thickness.
  That may not have been a great idea, since proper-thickness linings
should fit proper-sized drums OK.   Did you measure the ID of the MGB
drums when you had them off the car?  Mine have a specification cast into
the iron. Memory says that it says Max Diameter 10.06 inches (or
something).
Bob

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 00:28:09 -0000 "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
writes:
> After staring a good time at my handiwork, I realized that the new
> linings are only half the thickness of the old ones, 4/32 VS 8/32.
Assuming