WARNING, make sure your anti-virus is up to date!!!

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "British Cars"
Subject: WARNING, make sure your anti-virus is up to date!!!
From: "Classic-Car-World Ltd" <enquiries@classic-car-world.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:03:10 +0100
All, please excuse my use of the lists for non car related information,
however I feel this is important for everyone.

Over the past few days we have seen a massive increase in virus activity via
e-mail, reporting to be from Microsoft and claiming to be the latest security
patch. I have received over 100 this morning and perhaps 300 in the last
couple of days. All viruses received have been detected by our Norton
Anti-Virus software and successfully removed.

See the following link for details on this particular virus:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/gibef.html

For further information on other viruses go to www.sophos.com or see your own
anti-virus vendors website.

The moral of the story here is that Microsoft do not send out security updates
like this, you have to go to their website and download them and make sure
that your Anti-virus software is up to date.

Kindest regards

Tom
Tom McCay
Classic-Car-World Ltd