RE: Removing head studs -- advice needed.

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing head studs -- advice needed.
From: "Thomas Pokrefke" <pokrefke1@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:55:04 -0500
Dave Wood wrote:

"By the way, the stud remover is a circular cylinder about 2 1/2 inches
around and 3/4 inch thick with a 1/2 inch socket opening that tightens an
offset knurled piece inside the tool that tightens on the stud as you turn
the ratchet or breaker bar and hopefully loosens the stud."

I'll chip in on this.  I have spent the last two weekends repairing broken
manifold studs on my Pathfinder.  Not a fun job by any fetid stretch of the
imagination, for after 8 years and a couple of Chicago winters, I had some
heavy duty wrenching to do.

The Craftman stud remover was a major work saver on the flange studs.  I had
several double-nut jobs that went no-where.  Go to www.sears.com and type
04458 in the Search box.  $25.

Of course, the folks at Sears have kept me in beer and skittle the last 13
years.

Thomas Pokrefke
http://www.pokrefke.com