Re: electric door locks- MGB

To: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: electric door locks- MGB
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:56:27 +0100
There are kits around that include a clicker and are stand-alone but I used
the motors from the MGOC as they were compatible with the alarm I have which
already uses a clicker and I obviously didn't want two on the key-ring.
They have been on the 75 V8 for some time, which used to be my daily driver
(and still is a shopping trolley), and have been fine so far.  In some ways
a hatch motor *would* be nice, although personally I'm happy to have it
locked at all times unless I use the key, and not have some scrote lift the
hatch and nick something while at traffic lights or whatever.  The MGOC
motors come with an actuating rod the same diameter as the that used between
the internal handle and the lock, and rather than use the little U-bolt to
clamp the two together, which looked like it was going to be a right fiddle,
I shaped the motor rod such that it fits in the bottom of the internal door
handle whereas the lock rod fits in the top.  So the motor moves the
internal handle and thence the lock.

PaulH.