That little rubber thing

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: That little rubber thing
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:47:20 -0700
I know lots of you will rush to read this message - I mean "little rubber
thing" conjures up all sorts of things of most exciting natures.  But alas,
this missive is just plain vanilla frustration and distorted mental
anguish.   Here is the story.  I am putting in new glass and new
seals/guides and that gorgeously sculptured rubber thing (down boy!) at the
top of the window frame of my 1970 MGB GT.  It can be roughly described as
a thumb sized right angular piece.  It goes at the top of the channel up
which the glass slides on its way to blocking the wind out.  Close
examination shows that it has to be put in TWO channels which are
absolutely bang up against each other.  Obviously they ARE fitted because a
tour of MGs at Bronte revealed a bevy of them snuggly roosting at the top
of the chrome frames.  SO....I applied soap and pushed and pulled on the
little thing, then I bent, folded, but stopped short of mutilating - it
popped in halfway, sprang out, flew across the garage floor.  Forced with
rubber mallets, continually abuse, levered, and greatly attacked - It would
not go in!

So my little rubber thing will not go in (oh what a joyous opportunity for
those with little to do and less in their minds)

Any advice from those who have succeeded in this venture.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net