Re: would you buy this block?

To: Vernon Brown <vhbrown@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: would you buy this block?
From: JAMES SCHULTE <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 08:42:53 -0700 (PDT)
Sandy,
I have one but am in Eastern PA.
JIm
70B
69C

Vernon Brown <vhbrown@comcast.net> wrote:
I have been looking for an MGB 1800 5 main short block with which to make a
hot street motor. One just came in in trade at my machine shop which, of
course, couldn't be more convenient for me. There is always a "gotcha" in
life and here it is: Some gorilla over tightened the head stud, tappet side
forward, to the point where it pulled up the area and created small tears
running for and aft into the pushrod hole. The machinist who has done many
MG engines says no problem he will just put in an insert and deck the block.
Any comments?

Anyone have a 5 main short block near Cape Cod?

Thanks,
Sandy Brown