Re: RE warped rotor

To: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>, mg <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE warped rotor
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 08:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
> Wow!  That makes the brakes seem pretty fragile!
> The only time I ever warped a rotor (stock standard
> rotor) was through
> absolute abuse.

This totally echos my experience too.  I have beaten
some brakes to absolute death, and have only warped a
rotor once (it was during a track session and I was
chasing a faster car like a crazy man - unsucessfully
as it turned out...)  I wash my wheels all the time -
hot, cold, whatever - and have never had a problem.
Lucky?  Maybe, but I have a feeling they are a little
more durable than this string would give them credit for.

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
Huntersville, NC  USA