MGB door locks

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB door locks
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:44:53 -0700
Has anyone out there got real good experience with late model MGB door
locks.  My locking device will NOT work - tried everything.  (Door closes
beautifully, and opens easily when the button in the door handle is
pressed). Seems as if the big flat lever against which the door opener
pushes has to go fully back but it does not return after one opens the door
thus pushing the lever.  It almost seems as if there should be a spring in
there to return it to original position but it has busted - and  both door
latches are the same.

Incidentally the sound proofing I put in the doors is great - No tinny
clink, just a nice Rolls clunk!!!

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson