MGB Coil Over suspension and adj front swaybars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Coil Over suspension and adj front swaybars
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:04:59 -0700
I could not help but notice that with Moss giving 15% off all
purchases over $1000, that brings the price of the MGB coil over
suspension down to $850. Very, very tempting. Though the catalog (page
6) lists $999.95 for the adjustment wrench, and that seems a bit
pricey to me. Even at 15% off.

I'm interested in feedback from people who have done this
conversion. It seems that the delta in price over just going to tube
shocks makes it quite worthwhile. However, I've learned the expensive
way to try and let others do the expensive research for me, when I
can.

Also, how does it change, if at all, the geometry of the suspension?
Is a 600lb/in spring the same effective spring rate as on a stock MGB?

They seem to replace the spring perches, so it should have no effect
on camber, as far as I can tell.

The other thing that I'd like to find for my front suspension is an
adjustable 1" anti sway bar. My gut feel is that 15/16" is right, but
I'd like the tunability of an adjustable. Are there any available?

--
                   Girling is not a verb.