Bodywork/Rocker Panel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bodywork/Rocker Panel
From: Zach Dorsch <herr_dorsch@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 09:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Hello List,

My car, '73 B, has been in storage for probably close to a year until recently
when I had the chance to go and drive it again (which by the way I have missed
very much!).  Anyway, a few observations/annoyances:

Most of the bodywork on the car was completed when I bought the car, but
whoever did the bodywork, didn't really bother with anything from the rockers
down.  The rockers have been replaced, but I don't know that they gap that is
underneath the rear of the doors was done correctly.  If anyone has any up
close pictures of this gap, perhaps when they were replacing the panel, I would
greatly appreciate them being sent my way.

Also, how do the front fenders attatch on the bottom where they meet the
rocker.  Someone replaced the original steel fenders with fiberglass, yeah I
know, I don't like them either.  Anyway, it looks like they just put them in
with sheet metal screws.  How did the factory originally attatch the fender, I
can't believe that it was just "hanging" there against the rocker.

Once I get the MG back to my house I am going to redo the rockers the
appropriate way and fix a lot of the "shoddy" paint work.  I probably won't be
replacing the fenders anytime soon, as money is always an issue for a college
student, but at the very least I would like to make it look at least correct.

Thank you,

Zach