RE: hard top parts

To: "Rob Geskey" <rob_geskey@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: hard top parts
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:47:07 -0700
Just a note, since I ran into this too.

AHH7234 will just be the plastic window.  When I first started selling these
they were original New Old Stock windows with melted in ID numbers and they
were pricey.  Since then the only ones I have seen are reproductions which are
still pricey as they are limited production and slow moving pieces.  I would
suggest having these cut locally if you have a damaged one as a pattern, they
are not handed.

Moss UK does have a very few NOS hard top bits, probably just as B & G do.

AFAIR at one point The Roadster Factory bought some of the original hard top
tooling, but I havn't heard of any production.  It would probably be worth a
call just to shake them up.

I'm hoping to add factory hard top parts to the Moss catalog, but so far I
think only the hold down brackets are generally available.  In my copious spare
time, I'll get something put together.  I've got three hard tops that need to
be refurbished, so it's a matter of personal interest too.

Kelvin.